Two years ago I read The Best Yes, and it’s a book worth revisiting every year.
This quote is especially important as I begin the school year and prioritize my time. One of my coworkers and I have a goal to meet once a week for faith and fellowship. We’re hoping this can include an afternoon walk while the weather is nice and take place at a coffee house once the seasons change. We’re both hoping this commitment to each other helps un-rush us.
A few of my favorite quotes from The Best Yes.
- “Overwhelmed schedule, underwhelmed soul.”
- “Today’s choices become tomorrow’s circumstances.”
- “Wisdom makes decisions today that will still be good tomorrow.”
- “We steer where we stare.”
- “Saying yes all the time won’t make me wonder woman, it will make me worn-out woman.”
- “Those who constantly try to impress others will quickly depress themselves.”
- “Relationships help un-rush us.”