Caramel apple cookies!
I found this recipe on a blog and knew I had to make it. John is not a chocolate fan, so any time I make a dessert that is chocolate-free, he’s excited. In fact, most of these were consumed before they hit the baking pan. (I actually liked the dough better than the cookies! See photo below!) Sweet caramel, gooey dough, and tangy apples.
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 caramels, unwrapped (Watch carefully not to burn!)
- 1 tbsp milk (mixed with caramel while heating)
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
(I made a few alterations to this recipe) The recipe called for chocolate chips, but I made two dozen before I added the chocolate chips-just for John. The last dozen include chocolate.
I can see myself making these for a Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering. As for this batch, I think they’ll be perfect for breakfast and hopefully keep John full while I’m busy with conferences the rest of the week.